Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Emily is headed to the capital!!

DSC_6784


My middle daughter Emily is headed to the State Capitol with a few friends from her class to participate in the YMCA Youth Assembly. When she first told me about this opportunity I felt like this was an important opportunity for her. I am pretty sure that all of my kids will make a positive impact on the world, but Emily is the most vocal about it. She is the one who worked with her student council to implement recycling systems in her school, and she is the one who I expect will do more to help people than she can even imagine right now.  I am thrilled for her to have this opportunity, but she can't get there without some help. Here is what she says about it:

DSC_6780 
I am an 8th grade student and I am looking for opportunities to further contribute to the growth of my education. The Georgia Youth Assembly is a three day seminar in which students my age can meet lawmakers and go to workshops where we would learn how laws affect citizens. To participate, I have to come up with my own bill to be viewed and possibly voted on by the House of Representatives of GA. I set out to draw lawmaker's attention to the problems within the education system we currently have now and, as I grow older, I hope to be able to use this experience to inform my passion for human rights and justice. I need to raise $200, so please donate

DSC_0506

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required