Wednesday, April 20, 2016

You are my everything

This morning I put together a new playlist on Spotify of some of my favorite worship songs. The first song to play was "Revelation Song" by Kari Jobe one of my all-time favorite songs both to listen to but especially for the worship band at my church to perform. I love how this song stands firmly in tradition and in Scripture yet extends it's arms up in praise and ends in a glorious crescendo that makes me think that this will be what heaven will be like. My favorite line of that song is "you are my everything and I will adore you" and when I sing it I cry it out with my whole heart, with arms as high as they can reach. 
Lately though I've been asking myself if someone saw my life Monday to Saturday would that match my declaration on Sunday? I can't rest on a check-list of things Christians are "supposed" to be doing. My life right now is legitimately insane and most days I'm with my kids from the minute I wake up to the minute I go to sleep. 
I think that there is extra grace for moms in this season of life. I believe in my bones that what I'm doing in the mundane of my days can be as much Kingdom work as the man or woman in full-time ministry. I believe that what God is calling is for generation of women who walk in the ryrhms of grace in mercy, in kindness and love without striving or shame, but I'm here, sitting at my kitchen table in a rare moment of calm asking myself  what would a life look like that is wholeheartedly devoted to God? 

I would really love to hear your thoughts. 



P.S. God is so good to give me what I need right when I need it. This afternoon I got this newsletter from Jess Connolly and she wrote :
I think we come by it honest, right? We want to be humble and we're just so darn close to our own issues, it's hard to see past them. So maybe we're good at being thankful and counting the blessings, but I think it's sometimes a lot harder for us to get bold and honest and say with a clear voice,  "Here is some fruit. Here is an area where God has grown me."
So while I'm making these bold claims, I want to answer any nagging fears or concerns in your heart and just put a stake in the ground to say: I believe that without a doubt God has grown YOU and God IS growing you. I wish I could sit with you over coffee so we could sort it out together and find the fruit, but I believe whole-heartedly that if you're in Christ, it's there for certain.  

Check out her blog here and be sure to sign up for her no-filter newsletter. 

1 comment:

  1. I love that question, and I have asked myself that question too. How do I live whole-heartedly devoted to God in the midst of the crazy that comes from caring for small children 24/7? Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your heart?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required