Thursday, April 21, 2016

Brave in the Asking

I've been thinking a lot lately about what it means to be brave. I wrote a whole series here on this blog about finding my brave. Lately I've especially been thinking about what it means to be brave in what I ask God for. I wrote the other day about Jesus' encounter with a sick man and his question to him "do you want to be healed?" 

The other night, as we were driving around, my son was playing on our iPad and accidentally started playing a sermon I must have downloaded a couple of years ago. It was from Mark 6 and as it played I listened to the familiar verses about how Jesus could not do many miracles in his hometown and he was amazed at their unbelief. (Mark 6:1-6) 

These words really resonated with me and have been hanging out in the back burner of my mind. I don't want to limit what God is able to do in my life because I take Him for granted and am therefore full of unbelief. I want to give Him my biggest hopes, my wildest dreams and my deepest desires. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required