Tuesday, November 17, 2015

My Favorite Preschool Apps

I thought I'd share some of our very favorite apps for the iPhone & iPad for my 4 year old. Some of Eli's favorite games drive me crazy but these are the ones I like to play with him.

Friends - by Sago Mini


This is the ultimate "while we are waiting" app. I keep it on the iPad and on my phone. It is perfect for when we have to wait for a few minutes. It's sweet and calm. Great for a variety of ages and for both boys and girls. I think it would appeal to the 2-4 age group most but it is a game younger children would enjoy watching and older kids (5-9) would be willing to play in a bind. I like to play this with Eli, even though he is perfectly capable of playing it in his own, it's a perfect opportunity to practice taking turns.

In this game you get to choose which character you want to be. I choose the puppy.
And you go visit your friends! At each friend there are different activities. Playing dress-up, eating a snack, blowing bubbles etc.
I'm a big fan of the Sago Mini games. Many of them are free to download and all of the ones I have used have been great for my preschooler.

Monster - by Sago Mini


This is a great app to keep my preschooler occupied (and whatever older kids happen to be around).  This is my go-to app when my preschooler is not really interested in what is going on, waiting for a school play to begin, staying busy while mommy is trying on a few clothes in the dressing room, stuff like that. This is also one of the first apps I whip out when I'm babysitting my friends kids. If we are all taking turns we can play this app for awhile. It's super cute and not very scary. It's a little bit gross but my kids love it. It encourages their creativity so I'm glad they like it so much.

Fairy Tales Tailor - Toca Boca

I'm a HUGE fan of Toca Boca. I am pretty sure I have every single one of their free apps on my iPad. The Fairy Tale Tailor is one of my favorites. There is also a regular tailor app that I have on my iPad which is really nice but the Fairy Tale one is especially cute so I have it on my phone as well.



Ultimate Easy Bake Oven

My son went through a phase where he was totally obsessed with making cake pops. He moved onto all things "making" cupcakes, cookies, slushies - you name it we probably have an app for it on the iPad. This was the app that got him started. It's pretty easy to use and is one of the least tacky of the cake pop maker games.

All of these were free to download when I downloaded them (or free to download a trial version). If you have a favorite game for 2-5 year old please share them in the comments!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required