Wednesday, November 18, 2015

My Favorite Preschool Apps Vol2



Bugsy PreK
I downloaded this when it was free, but it is a terrific app and well worth the money to buy it. I like all of the Bugsy apps but this one is head and shoulders above the rest and is my #1 all time favorite preschool learning app. It integrates learning letters, numbers, shapes & colors into fun easy activities.

If your child has already surpassed the skills in the PreK app Bugsy Reads and Bugsy MathK are both good "next step" apps.


The Bugsy apps are cheerful and practice skills in short bursts so your preschooler doesn't get too tired, frustrated or bored.



Endless Wordplay
I adored Endless Alphabets - which help teach letter sounds and vocabulary and has the biggest demo of all of the apps but I really love this one. It's more of a "learning to read" app than Endless Alphabets or even Endless Reader. There is a preview you can download for free and you can purchase a the full version or a starter pack for about the same price as an activity book at the book store. It progresses through the activities at a really easy rate so they are reading and spelling simple words without much effort. Eli is learning but it feels like playing.



Hooked on Phonics
The app for Hooked on Phonics is terrific.  The level one app has some crazy annoying songs but they are easy to skip. Basically this is an app that teaches my children to read in exactly the way that I would want to teach them myself. The app moves systematically. The graphics are adorable.


TODO math
There are a couple of things that make me love this app. One is that in the settings you can customize the app for a left handed child. Eli is left handed and it did make it easier for him when he was tracing numbers to have the box on the left hand of the screen.
The other thing I like about this app is that it has daily challenges which is a series of tasks and then a quiz at the end. The app is free to download and can be upgraded for 3 months or a year.

These are my favorite preK educational apps - what are yours? I'd love to hear in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required