Monday, July 27, 2015

Octonauts Pre K


As I've started to think about the fall and what kind of activities I can do to keep Eli busy, engaged and learning some science I thought I'd look around for what activities I could find to coordinate with one of his favorite shows: The Octonauts. Eli is pretty interested in all things Oceanic, and I thought that this might be something he'd enjoy. Here are a few things I've found so far: 

The Octonauts Website

At TheOctonauts.com we found some games that coordinate with a few of the episodes. Completing  "missions" unlock printables and creatures for their ocean. The games are all pretty similar and some of them are too hard for my 4 year old but it's a cute, easy to navigate site. 

I also found various printables. The cards & badges for the first creature chart were pretty easy to find, I'm still working on the next 50, they are not as clearly indexed and I'm having a hard time finding them all. I'm working on collecting an episode list for Season 1 (which you can view on Netflix) and coordinating activities.  I hope to post it in the next week or two. 


Print: Creature Card Holder for Season 1 via Disney Junior.com
Print: Creature Chart for Season 1 via Disney Junior.com

Printable Creature Cards & Badges:


Character Coloring Sheets via TreeHouse.com

Octonauts Printable Activity Pages

Maze

Spot the Difference

Match the Creature

Shadow Match




The Octonauts ABC song on YouTube

6 comments:

  1. do you still have the narwhal creature card. the link above goes to the moray eel

    ReplyDelete
  2. were you ever able to find all the season 2 creature cards? I have some from the disney junior website, but it's not a complete set. I am using them as incentives for my kids to earn and they are loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were you ever able to get links for the season 2 creature cards? We have a few from the Disney Jr. website, but was not able to make a complete set. I am using them for my kids to earn as incentives and they are loving it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I'm glad that they are loving it. I could only find a few random ones for season 2 also. It's so sad :(

      Delete
    2. I published the notes I had for Season 2 - I didn't have much. But here is the link: http://faithrphotog.blogspot.com/2015/07/octonauts-pre-k-season-2.html

      Delete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required