Monday, January 5, 2015

I am not the Walking Dead


After what has felt like a week of Saturdays, it was finally Sunday. I sat in church next to my oldest daughter so thankful for these moments of uninterrupted worship. The sermon was just what my heart needed to hear. I wrote in my notes "I am not the Waking Dead"

As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins... But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. (Ephesians 2:1, 4-5 NIV)

I am NOT the walking dead. I do not have to drag myself around in the rags of my own best efforts. I do not have to live in the filth of old lies and deceitful desires. I am not chained to the rut of habits that lead to death.

I have been made alive. I have been clothed in the wedding gown of grace. I have been set free to run and dance in the path of God's ways!

But, you know it doesn't always feel like a dance. It is also a struggle and a fight and life has this way of dragging you down. It's easy to become distracted. It's easy to become discouraged. Some days we put our heads down and just trudge through. 

Today let's lift our eyes. Let's not forget who we really are. Let's not live another moment as if we are the walking dead. We have been made alive! 





1 comment:

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required