Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Coming Alive


I read this thing once, this leader was saying "I'm a wife, I'm a mom. I don't even remeber what it's like to have a hobby." I seriously wanted to throw the book across the room. I kind of get where she's coming from -  if I'm super-distracted well then just forget about it, my kids are basically raising themselves. I'm painfully aware that what I don't do nobody else is going to do. But also - I'm more than just one thing.

This week I got to do something pretty extraordinary for my little world. I got to participate in filming the announcements for church. It was so much fun! I walked away exhausted, freezing and on a creative high. I drove home remembering how important it is that I show my kids how to do a good job of living a life. That I be involved in the things that make me extraordinarily happy, that I step away briefly now and then to do the things that make me come alive.

Parenting, and motherhood especially, can sometimes feel like it is sucking the life right out of me. I need to do things that pour life back in. For me this is being active with my photography, and creative projects, being plugged into my small group and nurturing close friendships, reading great books, & writing. 

What about you? What makes you come alive? How do you set a good example for those little eyes on how to live life well?

3 comments:

  1. So true, Faith! Often it's the little things, but afterwards we feel that something inside of us has come alive...We should do such things more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true and I love how you wrote it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we are all so much more than one thing!!! Reading, knitting, writing, yoga, these things help to make me feel alive. xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required