Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Day 22 - still processing

This is Day 22 of my 31 days of writing series called "Confessions of a Road Kill Christian" If you haven't read Day 1 yet you can click here first. I am linking up with #write31days. I hope that through this series of posts we'll be encouraged by who God is and who He says we are in Him.


 

It is 9:45PM my time as I'm sitting down to write... I don't even know what yet. I have a pounding headache, it's been a long day with a lot of internal struggle and I'm just ready to go take a bath and get lost in some music but I'm determined not to miss a day in this 31 days of writing challenge.


One year, when I came home from one of these ladies events I wrote:
 "I feel like I did a belly-flop into my valley and here I lay plastered to the ground of my normal, with my kids running all over me, pushing and pulling, demanding more and more of me." 
I have felt that again a bit over the last couple of days. The weight of discouragement has me about bent over. I got sick almost as soon as I came home, my kids are being so loud and the thoughts inside of my head are totally all tangled up, and all I can think is that this feels like too much. There is so much still to process from the retreat, which was amazing. There is so much to read/study/do for my small group that is just really starting to hit our stride as we kick off the study A Modern Girl's Guide to Bible Study. (So far so good.) Plus this blog series, which is something that I am really loving but also struggling to maintain focus and direction and in all honesty all I want to do right now is curl up in a little ball and get some sleep.


DSC_4428
I took this photo at the conference

Here is the post I wrote two years ago coming home from the retreat. I just sat and read it and don't know if I have anything more to say, or could possibly say it better. Read this one first though and then read this one.

Okay, I'm going to take my bath now... but before I leave I wanted to ask: do you have any questions you've been wanting to ask me? Is there a piece of the story that you see is missing? Do you want to know how being a (recovering) roadkill Christian applies to what I think about XY or Z? Let me know in the comments. Good night :)

1 comment:

  1. You were my last read for the night, and I want to come back and read the other links. You are doing such a wonderful job communicating your story. I am big with questions as you may have already seen. I don't know if you'd see it as too personal, but in the interest of seeing the other side of things as you are doing, I would be interested in more of Daniel's view, how he went from A (a devoted Christian) to B (an "atheist") to where he is now. And is there anyway Christians can be the kind of folk who can support people being at A so they won't get hurt and go looking for B. And my big question is what is our role in helping people get back to A if A is loving and serving God through recognizing the blood of Jesus as the way to truly be one with God. I think you have found what your answer is in being a godly wife to the best of your ability. But what can the church Christians do, recognizing that many may be Christians in name only and that may be what caused the change. Forgive the long question and feel free to ignore it. I can probably come up with more if you don't like this one. Smile. Smile. it's the way my mind works especially at 1:00 am

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required