Monday, October 20, 2014

Day 20 - on having HOPE

This is Day 20 of my 31 days of writing series called "Confessions of a Road Kill Christian" If you haven't read Day 1 yet you can click here first. I am linking up with #write31days. I hope that through this series of posts we'll be encouraged by who God is and who He says we are in Him.






Today has been such a good day. The sun is shining, the sky is blue, and there is a cool breeze blowing. I got dressed this morning in one of my favorite tshirts, my comfiest cute jeans, cute shoes, a sweater and my favorite scarf. Of course I live in the South and had to loose the sweater about fourty-five minutes into my day, but still.


I met a friend at Panera and we talked over coffee about how raising our big kids is just a different flavor of hard, and talked about trusting God and having faith in our season of waiting. 

On my way home I texted another friend. She texted me back saying "do you want to come eat lunch at my house?" So I stopped at the grocery store for sushi and sun chips and Eli and I ate lunch with her on her back porch with her sweet girls. Now I'm sitting here on my bathroom floor as Eli takes a bath, writing and thinking this is amazing.

See after Eli was born I spent almost an entire year in my pajamas at home. I remember going from Sunday to Sunday without even walking out my front door. Before then I used to spend most of my days at home, so today feels epic. It reminds me how far I've come. Today I feel full. Full of grace and strength, insight and revelation from God. Today is a good day. Today I am not afraid of the backlash or the downswing. I know it'll come, it always does, but today I'm not afraid of it.

Looking back over this weekend I can see God doing a lot of things in my spirit, re-kindling my desire to spend time with him in his word. But most especially I saw him re-igniting my HOPE. 

I believe God sees me. 

He knows everything about me.

He sees every tear, every heartache, every moment I think I can't take anymore.

I bellieve that God delights in me. 

I believe that I am his precious child.

I believe God's plans for me are good.

I believe God has prepared me, and that his plans for me are not delayed. 

I believe God has a purpose for every step of my story.

I believe God is right on time.

I believe that with God there is no plan B. 

And while I might not be living the story that I wanted, or would have chosen, I believe that my story brings Him glory and that is a beautiful thing.

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely, your story brings him glory and the best is still to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your story. Thank you also for this beautiful post about hope. I hope you have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last paragraph touched my heart. At 36, single, and yearning for a husband and family, I have a hard time believing in what my story is and will be. Maybe I'm not meant to live the story I want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just heard Lynette Lewis speak about her journey of singleness (and she is now married!! her story is AMAZING) Her website is here: http://www.lynettelewis.com

      Delete
    2. Wow! Thank You for sharing her page. I'm sitting hear reading her blog and I have tears running down my face!

      Delete
    3. Me too!! SUCH an awesome story :)

      Delete
  4. Your story is SO encouraging to me! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faith, this post ( and every post you write) is awesome! It was like life was pouring out with every word. Thank you for continuing to write day after day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had a great day! Lovelovelove your believe statements.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for posting this. I am really struggling with having any hope at all and have for some time. I'll admit, it's sometimes hard to read these things, but I am grateful for you sharing them, my friend. Thank you for your encouragement of me too. And lady, where are you in the South? How did I not know this before now? We may be close enough to cross paths at some point :) God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love your last phrase about your story bringing glory to God though it may not be the one you wanted or chose. I get that. And I so want my story to bring glory to God too. Thank you for being brave in sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required