Sunday, October 12, 2014

Day 12: worship songs

This is Day 12 of my 31 days of writing series called "Confessions of a Road Kill Christian" If you haven't read Day 1 yet you can click here first. I am linking up with #write31days. I hope that through this series of posts we'll be encouraged by who God is and who He says we are in Him.




Last Sunday I sat in church with tears streaming down my face. The sermon was on being a generous giver and I prayed "God it feels like you have asked me to give everything. It fees like you have asked too much. This is too hard. It's been too long."

But then I remembered everything He has been to me, all He has given to me in the ache, how He has filled me in the hollow. In the empty He has been with me. In my valley He has been my stream of joy. He has loved me with a love that is better than anything else. He has taught me what it means to truly love. Everything He has asked me to give He has give back to me better.  He has resorted what was broken, he has carried me through every season.

Today I wanted to share some of my current favorite worship songs. Maybe these are your anthems, Maybe you've never heard of them... I hope you'll take a moment, maybe go find your earbuds and let the music wash over you and the Holy Spirit minister to you.



2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love Audrey Assad's voice. I wasn't familiar with that song.

    I'm finally getting time to read through your 31 day posts. Thank you for sharing your story, thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing! Enjoyed the worship songs...I too struggle with the "generous giver" part of Christian life...it's hard and I continue to struggle with it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required