Wednesday, February 27, 2008

it's okay

Today I was reminded of something important and I wanted to share it here because I know some of you who read my blog are going through a lot right now. It's so simple yet somehow it seemed like a revelation to me - it's okay to be sad. It's okay to fall apart a bit, to admit, if only to myself that no, everything is not okay.
I don't understand why I expect myself to be so together and on top of it all. There are just days when the weight of it all comes crashing down and today, for me, was one of those days. And so I stayed in the clothes I threw on first thing this morning, I sipped tea and read my book while the girls played in the tent I made for them out of quilts and chairs. I did get some work done around the house, but it felt so freeing to know that it's okay to be sad and to not hide my emotions behind my self-expectations. It's freeing to bring my emotions to God and know that I didn't have to move on quickly to the next item on my list, I can embrace this sadness and not be ashamed of my weakness.

For the LORD comforts Zion;
he comforts all her waste places
and makes her wilderness like Eden,
her desert like the garden of the LORD;
joy and gladness will be found in her,
thanksgiving and the voice of song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required