Tuesday, April 29, 2014

My last update

For the last six weeks I've been writing weekly updates on how our time without Daddy has been going. Daniel has been working Monday through Friday 3 hours away in Atlanta. He has been working long hard hours, and it has been tough for all us.

In one of my first posts about this new season I wrote "I am open to the possibility of a miraculous turn of events that results in us not leaving..." and I have had various friends continually remind me that they are praying for just such a "miraculous turn of events" and then suddenly - it happened.

Two weeks ago Daniel sat down on the couch next to me and said "how would you like it if I didn't have to go back to Atlanta tomorrow?" Needless to say those were the best words I have heard in a very long time!!! 

There are a lot if details, a lot of things that happened all at the same time to change Daniel's heart and provide a way for Daniel to come back home but he is home!!!! 

Thank you to everyone who prayed for us through this tough season. 


Yesterday morning he sat in the living room, studying for his new job, while the girls were getting ready for school and it made my heart want to explode with gratitude. Daniel woke me up the other night talking in his sleep and I couldn't help but just laugh because it is so very good to not sleep alone. 


Here we are, half-way through Daniel's first week back home. All I can say is I am so happy to not be moving and above and beyond happy to all be back together.


Daniel's mom came and visited last weekend. We went to Phinizy Swamp for their Earth Day celebration. It felt SO good to get outside, even if it was awfully hot.


The kids have just about four weeks of school left!! Not that I'm count in the days or anything :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required