Friday, March 14, 2014

Spring blooms and sun flare

I wanted to write some kind of beautiful post about beauty in the brokenness but right now I simple don't have the words...
I have been feeling every possible emotion lately. High and low. Confident and terrified. Depressed, hopeful. Eager to begin a new chapter, clinging desperately to this place I call home... for now.

So right now I'm soaking up the sunshine and trying to remember to pick up my camera every chance I get. Challenging myself to photograph the things I find beautiful in less-than ideal conditions. You can see some of the photos I took of my kids by this tree.

I was really frustrated trying to get a decent shot in bright late-afternoon sunlight. I was fighting with the sun until I finally decided to try to use the low bright sun to my advantage and add some sun flare to my compositions. I had a bunch of completely blown-out images and a few that I really love. The capture some of what I feel is the essence of how spring feels and the sunshine we love so much during this season.
DSC_8507 DSC_8455 DSC_8436DSC_8470DSC_8473DSC_8477 DSC_8447 DSC_8445DSC_8457DSC_8460

I've been listening to this song a lot lately...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required