Saturday, March 15, 2014

ordinary flowers in the shadows of my yard

Sometimes I pick up my camera simply out of boredom...
Eli was in the backyard playing with balls and such. We'd played catch. We'd had fun. He needed to be supervised but didn't necessarily need/want me to play with him. So he pushed his stroller around and I took pictures. I took them with my big girl camera with a x10 filter. 3/4 of the time I could not see what I was doing because of the bright sunshine. I had to rely on my histogram and my faith in my auto-focus.
Looking over these now I love them. I love how they show some growth from previous years photos of similar subjects. I was trying pretty hard to do something different than my normal.  I've broken up the results of today's shoot into two posts. These are my darker images, taken mostly in the shadows. Intentionally kept dark (most of the time). You can see part 2 of this post here.


DSC_8840DSC_8767DSC_8788DSC_8932DSC_8926DSC_8922
DSC_8935DSC_8947DSC_8938DSC_9028DSC_9065DSC_9066
DSC_9067
very few of my photos ever get captions but this one is called sisters. 
DSC_8742

Daniel  moves out tomorrow. He starts his job in ATL on Monday and I am a mess. Just trying to enjoy these last few moments with him before life flings us into full-on insanity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required