Friday, February 7, 2014

A whole lot of nothing


Yesterday was the first day of leading my new small group. I co-lead the group with  another mom who has pretty much become my best friend ever. I was out-of-my-mind nervous and had been up way too early with Josiah. 

Today I'm reminded how much I love leading small group. I feel like it's one of those things that makes me come more fully alive. 

Yesterday we talked about our significance and we came around to how we feel about being stay-at-home moms.  It often feels like our value is placed on how much money we make, or on status and accomplishments. Even our husbands often come home with the question "so what did you do today?" 

I ask myself that question often and often come up short. Nothing.

I felt lonely but I was never alone
I was bored but constantly busy
I completed few tasks (if any!) but I barely had a minute to sit down.

It feels like a whole lot of nothing.
But that whole lot of nothing somehow adds up to an incredibly huge something. 
The formation of a character
The development of a little person

The way we were gentle, maybe not every time but we tried. 
The way we said "I'm sorry"
The way we snuggled them, kissed them, told then "I love you" the way we smiled at them, laughed and talked with them.
These things are no small things. 
These things are hugely significant in the  development of our little ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required