Wednesday, September 25, 2013

One Hundred Mornings: longing


It's been awhile since I wrote anything in my One Hundred Mornings series... this morning it seemed like the only thing to do.

Some mornings
the difficult ones especially
like this morning
when it felt like a fight all the way through...

Breakfasts
and trying to teach some independence
and packed lunches
and trying to keep my train of thought
and the repeating refrain 
socks and shoes
over and over
put on your shoes and socks!
(and I'm thinking more and more that maybe Stacey is onto something with her morning routine)

These are the mornings I feel the little pieces of my heart walking around,
get on the bus
(this morning he didn't want to go)
drive away
I ache deep inside
for my littles to make good choices
for them to know how deeply, truly, fiercely they are loved.

1 comment:

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required