Tuesday, June 25, 2013

We moved!!

My girls are helping me pack the kitchen!! So precious.
The girls helped me pack this time! 
After a crazy-busy week of packing we have finally moved! It was a struggle to get packed - I got sick, on top of everything else, but my girls helped me pack this time. I don't think they have ever really helped me pack before, and it's such an amazing new experience, another landmark in their break-neck journey to adulthood.

Painting
The kids painted at the kitchen table today
I found all kinds of treasures I hadn't unpacked in at least one move - possibly more. I unpacked them first this time! I literally squealed with delight when I found the box containing my white china tea pot. It turned out Emma's snow globes were in that box too.

Now I'm wading through what we need to keep and what we need to let go of. It makes me feel so good to get all this stuff that I've been meaning to do something with out of the house! It feels good not to just dump it or trash it but to give it away (or sell for $5) to someone who really needs it.
This is my new room, on the day we moved in. At the moment there are bags everywhere and still lots to do but it's starting to feel like home and I am very content. I really love our new place. It's just what we needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required