Monday, June 3, 2013

First pool photos of the summer

DSC_3763
We had our first trip to the pool this week and I have to say it was so much fun to watch my kids in the water and photographing them was just terrific. We went to our friend's pool in the evening and the light was perfect for taking photos. At mid-day the light is very harsh and typically quite uneven so it was nice to get some really good photos for the start of the season.
DSC_3810
DSC_3698DSC_3699
I was shooting in Aperture priority for most of the time, because I didn't want to think too much... honestly. For action shots this just doesn't work very well, especially when I want a nice frozen-movement shot. I kind of like the blur that shows the movement but I prefer a nice crisp freeze-motion. To get that I should have at least switched to shutter priority or into manual so that I could put that shutter speed up fast.
DSC_3888
My 55-200mm zoom lens gets such nice bokeh. It is my favorite lens for out-door shooting.
DSC_3884DSC_3726 DSC_3874
Eli enjoyed the water for the most part. I'm pretty confident that by the end of the season he'll be a regular fish.
DSC_3957
I took so many photos - way too many for a blog post, the Hubs also took a few - like this one!  So if you want to see more click here.

1 comment:

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required