Wednesday, March 13, 2013

My Chevron Afghan: part 2


Chevron crochet afghan project

So learning to do the chevron stitch has not been as easy as I thought it would be. I crocheted a bunch but had to rip it out and start over.  I found the easiest thing to do was crochet a swatch to practice. 

Chevron crochet afghan project
Then when I counted out my foundation chain I put little yarn markers to show where the points would go in the pattern. That helped a lot.



There are definitely a lot of imperfections in it - like the edge and a little bit of unevenness. Also sometimes I forget that it's in Double Crochet and I start to Single Crochet and have to take it out. 
This pattern pretty close to what I'm doing only my hills/valleys are 9 stitches from dip to point (not point to point) instead of 6.

 Adding a row to my crochet chevron afghan before bed... making progress. My chevron afghan currently... Working on a blog post for tomorrow.
My color pattern is Dark Blue, Green, Cream, Bright - I've got a red that will replace the purple in my next repetition. 

This is what I've got so far:

Chevron crochet afghan project

I'm already thinking about what my next color combination and yarn weight will be. I like this bulky yarn a lot, it's fuzzy and works up really quickly but I think next time I want to try something more soft and delicate.

1 comment:

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required