Saturday, March 30, 2013

Life in Instagrams

Untitled
Lately - one of Eli's favorite things to do is "drive" the van.

B & Eli - these two usually get along SUPER well.
We had a bit of sickness this week, first off Katie-Abigail had an awful cough and the cruds so I let her stay home on Monday & Tuesday we had a really nice time together. We made morse code necklaces together out of colored drinking straws and yarn. They say K-A, Emma & Beth. It was SO much fun to do.


Dry erase boards are my best friend - we did math drills and penmanship practice. Josiah wanted to practice writing his middle name. Love how much this boy has learned and grown this year!

We read a Magic Schoolbus book about ants and then found the corresponding episode on YouTube. That was a lot of fun. Homework is always crazy - Eli wanted to get in on the action so Emma let him scribble on a piece of her scratch paper. Love how he uses his left & right hand interchangeably. He just might take after his grandma and be a lefty!

Wednesday was my one day without a sick kiddo at home and the boys and I spent as much time out and about as we possibly could. We spent some time wandering around LifeWay and picked up a study guide for a Bible Study that I may possibly lead over the summer.

My poor sick girl, getting some fresh air and sunshine.Mom - don't take my picture.
Thursday was tough. Emma was up at 12am throwing up and I hadn't made it to bed yet so I sat on the couch with her as she tried to sleep, with Eli on my chest, and tried to catch a little sleep. It was awful. I finally abandoned the Emma and the couch when Daniel got up to get ready for work, hoping to get maybe an hour of solid sleep but Josiah & Katie-Abigail woke up a few minutes later and were in and out of my room pretty much constantly until it was time to get up and get ready for school.

It's like he grew a month today. What a funny little guy.


Usually when my kids are sick I kick into mother-instict over-drive. I find myself super-humanly patient, kind, snuggly and all kinds of compassionate but this time around I was just tired. Like loosing my mind, cry at the drop of a hat tired. But we made it through the day - thanks in part to Netflix.

My chevron afghan so far... a little wonky (not even close to perfect) but very comfy. Emma had to spend two days at home - which she did not like at all, but everyone is feeling better just in time for a beautiful Easter weekend. Daniel has the whole weekend off - I am recovering from our crazy week and working on my Chevron afghan.

Yesterday I got the chance to  wander around the backyard. I had the hymn sometimes a light surprises running around in my head as I used my phone to take a few photos. I edited them using AfterLight app (formerly AfterGlow).


Sometimes a light surprises...   #afterglowapp

Sometimes a light surprises
  The Christian while he sings;
It is the Lord who rises
  With healing in His wings;
When comforts are declining,
  He grants the soul again
A season of clear shining,
  To cheer it after rain. 
 
Untitled

also here is a beautiful song for your weekend. You've probably already heard it, but seeing as I live under a rock I'm not sure I ever have, I was listening to this YouTube video as a I was blog surfing... so I think the video (from the little bits I did see) is probably uber-lame, but this song. 

2 comments:

  1. I love that hymn...updated tune is OK too!
    Love,
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are feeling better, love all the shots of the kids and I love the book. I can never seem to find the time to put those together....Have a Blessed Easter.

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required