Tuesday, February 19, 2013

steps of an edit

It's been awhile since I took time to edit photos, even longer since I saved my edit step-by-step.

DSC_2434
SOOC
DSC_2434 step2
cropped
I was really distracted and am not at all happy with this crop
Here are some alternate crops: 
DSC_2434 step1alt crop3DSC_2434 step1alt cropDSC_2434 step1alt crop2

DSC_2434 step3
sharpened with High Pass filter
DSC_2434 step4
ran action
DSC_2434 step5
reduced action
added additional light layers
erased some of the light & dark layers with a large soft brush
to reduce some of the shadows 
DSC_2434 Screenshot of Photoshop
click on image to see it larger - see my layer pallet in Photoshop
DSC_2434 step6
cloned out some of the shadows
DSC_2434 step2DSC_2434 step6
Before > > After 
So I am fully aware that I still have a lot to learn when it comes to edit. So what do you think? What would you have done differently? 
Linking up with Project Alicia for Wordless Wednesday
and also Live & Love Out Loud, Jenni from the Blog, Sarah Halstead, Create with Joy, Good Girl Gone Wife, Washing-line Revelations, Three in Three & Blackhouse Studio

9 comments:

  1. Very subtle but I definitely see it in her face. Her eyes really pop in the edited pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought was her eyes... So amazing. and Yes they do pop out better in the last image. However, the hat seems lighter and I liked the pink on the first one.
    Blessings
    Dropping over from Wordless Wednesday,
    Janis www.janiscox.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her eyes are amazing!

    Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, she has the most beautiful eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's a cutie for sure! Your final edit is lovely although I will admit I really like the first crop in the row of alternate ones you provided. Not for any particular reason...my eye is just drawn to it more.
    You have a beautiful family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know nothing about editing -- I depend greatly on PicMonkey but I love what you did. You had a lovely model to start but I think the edits worked wonderfully!

    Happy WW!
    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love how the edit brightened her right up. her eyes are totally amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required