Wednesday, February 27, 2013

One hundred mornings - day 7: the little things


I sit at the window and watch my girls get on the bus. 
I sit here for a minute more
I listen to my boys
they're playing in a big box
that Eli's big car seat came in

There is nothing like a sick day
to shock you awake to your purpose in life
to send your maternal instincts into overdrive

And there is nothing like the day after a sick day
to make you appreciate 
the little things in life

After a sick day
life feels so much easier

I am content to simply be
in the moment
in the mess
the important things in life 
in my arms
playing near my feet

And there is nothing like a sick day to make you appreciate the value of a good nap. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required