Monday, February 18, 2013

100 mornings: day 2 gratitude on a Monday



The girls have the next couple days off from school
and I got to sleep in a full eight minutes.


It's freezing this morning.
I sit here under my quilt,
sipping my coffee,
and watch the sun come up blazing,
bright and clear and beautiful.

I sit here and start to count my blessings...

Untitled
I bought yarn this weekend so I could start a new project!!
I am thankful for my husband - who gave cereal to kiddos this morning so I could get those extra eight minutes of sleep.

Thankful for the DVD study I'm doing with my small group of One Thousand Gifts. I sat in my bathroom last night, after Eli fell asleep trying to find a moment of quiet, and God met me there, quieting my soul.

Thankful for little moments over the weekend:
obedient girls,
a beautiful day,
a helpful little man,
hugs from my boys,
choosing to be present,
playing quietly with Josiah,
siblings playing peacefully,
a moment of quiet.



linking up with carissa graham  of lowercase letters for miscellany monday and rebecca cooper  of simple as that for simple things sunday 

5 comments:

  1. Hermosa entrada, está muy buena esta práctica de gratitud para ver y recordar las cosas buenas que nos rodean.Abrazos desde Argentina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture makes me want to curl up with my crochet hook and make something with spring colors :) It's funny how quiet moments often happen in strange places ~ like the bathroom :) God is so good to meet us where we are, where ever we are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is not the point of your post, but I love the colors in that picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faith's mom here... I made that quilt out of those colors because SOMEBODY likes them too!

      Delete
  4. I always admire people who can knit. I tried to teach myself and got so frustrated. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required