Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My day

The day begins
guns blazing
Both feet on the floor
Running, full-tilt
No time for coffee,
sipped quietly
to ease into the day.

Breakfast!
Backpacks!
Bus stop!
Kiss my girls and they're off!

What's for dinner?
Dishes in the sink.
Chicken in the oven.
Hope I don't undercook it again.

Boys need to get busy
Backyard
Stick-word fight
Dirt
Bath time

Lunch with my loves
We eat:
Bow ties
Butterflies
Boats made of bread, peanut butter and maple syrup
And thin, red-lipped apple smiles
"Don't tell sisters or they'll freak" he says "and want some"

Naps
Dishes
Mess
Continually cleaning up mess
and more mess
Hurry, get as much done before naps are over!
Hurry, so much to do!

Awake
I've barely begun and he is awake
Sits on my lap
Falls back asleep
Here I sit.

1 comment:

  1. Rush, rush, rush...then a sweet cuddle forces you to be still...to breathe in the joy of family :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required