Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas photos.... finally

The kids have the rest of the week off of school. It's been wonderful having them home, I don't know how I'm going to be able to cope with having them go back to school but they are starting to get bored. We've started re-organizing bedrooms and cleaning the house just to have something to do other than play video games and watch TV. We've also been playing Apples to Apples a lot and Beth spent an entire day knitting on one of those hat looms. It's been great - for everything but computer time. So I'm finally getting around to posting my SLR photos from Christmas.

Usually I bring my SLR and never take it out. I hate being one of "those" people sticking their cameras in everyones faces, but the kids don't mind and I wanted to have more photos of this Christmas... so the big girl camera came with us and I made sure to actually use it this time, at least for part of the day.

DSC_1320
Emma loves this Webkinz monkey a lot and brought it with her everywhere she went on Christmas day  - gotta love that kid.
DSC_1318
Katie-Abigail posing with her new gloves
DSC_1299DSC_1315
DSC_1311
Their cousin Lauren
DSC_1305 DSC_1294DSC_1292
Hulk Gloves
DSC_1278
I let Emma have my old Samsung smart phone, it doesn't work to make calls or go online but she uses the apps and especially the camera.  She was crazy on Christmas day taking pictures of everyone.
DSC_1272DSC_1271DSC_1265DSC_1270
DSC_1264DSC_1260DSC_1254DSC_1251 DSC_1219DSC_1146DSC_1171
Emma gets nervous in storms - so she decided to write sentences to calm herself down.

DSC_1195DSC_1187Made this on our way to Atlanta yesterday...
To fight to boredom of the long trip from Augusta to Atlanta I made a little case for Beth's iPod.
Josiah spent a few minutes rocking my old baby doll while we were visiting my mom & dad... he is such a sweet boy.
While at my parent's house I took this photo of Josiah holding my old baby doll Anna-Heather
Four of my five at my mom & day's today... wearing the ponchos my mom made for them!
My mom made ponchos for all the grandkids!
Christmas Day at the Raiders - 4 kids playing Just Dance 4 on the Wii.
Favorite gift so far: Just Dance 4 and enough Wii controllers for everyone to play.
My Christmas present (photographed on Daniel's birthday present)
And one of my favorite books! Started reading the Devotional version on my phone, will start reading this very soon. I've also started a gratitude notebook and will post some of those weekly.
One thing I'm grateful for: brownies
Making lunch for the fam, puke tired... brownies come to mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required