Monday, December 31, 2012

so sick

It's a ramen noodle soup kinda night

Happy Monday!

And Happy New Year's Eve.

I can not tell you how glad I am that school is out for another week. I have the post-Christmas cruds. After staying up until 12-2am every day for almost a week and getting exposed to some truly awful germs I've crashed. I've had a head cold, complete with body-aches and pretty much been a zombie since Christmas. My poor kids are going bat-crazy bored. So the Christmas sweets are out and the clementines and Chicken noodle soup is in. I tried to make myself some lemon-honey tea last night but I dislike it as much as an adult as I did as a kid. I even used a fresh lemon and local honey. I think it's hot lemon that I dislike so much. I would rather eat some lemon or make a lemon honey tincture and then drink a nice hot cup of chamomile tea. Seriously.

We had a really nice Christmas, and for once we actually took a decent number of pictures (I'm horrible about taking pictures at Christmas - go figure. How crazy is that?) I hope to have a few minutes to post them later in the week.  I wanted to post a long, intimate post about Christmas but just haven't had the energy or the time - so I think it's just not going to happen.

I've been thinking about the new year a lot lately... I want to start shifting our diet to more fresh/raw foods and start doing green smoothies again... it's a new year for organizing my home, a new year for my photography classes, and my photography - I want to focus on improving my food photography and editorial style photography. I haven't spent much time on it because there's nothing to "do" with those type of photos. But you know, sometimes photography is just for the sake of happiness and not profit or productivity. I do have some sweet tutorials photographed that I need to edit and post - I can't wait to share them with you! Josiah helped me and he was super-adorable.

After a couple monster-smoothies I'm starting to feel better. I'll be back soon.

  Have a head-cold.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Faith. I feel your pain. I feel like all season we cannot catch a break with the colds, stomach bugs, and now pink eye. Where did it even come from?! I know it could be a lot worse but seriously can't I go one week without fighting somebody's sickness... Hope you get to feeling better!Can't wait to see the Christmas pictures. I'll eventually get all of mine up too. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you will feeling better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required