Friday, September 14, 2012

Music for a new baby

My dear, adorable friend just had her first baby. Which has put me in mind of some of my favorite music for that new-baby stage. During the time when my babies were little I had so little time to do any of the things that I wanted to do. My babies would sleep and sleep and sleep until I wanted to do something. Music helped. When I couldn't keep my eyes open long enough to read a Psalm I would listen to one in my music. Here are some of my favorites, along with some fun images I found on Pinterest over the weekend.






Source: 216.70.97.72 via Faith on Pinterest








Source: babyasart.com via Faith on Pinterest



Perfect for a Sunday morning, or a restful afternoon. 
Piano renditions of the hymns I grew up singing from the hymn-book in church. 




Raffi has recorded so many wonderful songs that I sing to my kids regularly. "Baby Beluga" is their bath-time song, especially when they were fearful about laying down in the water to wash their hair. My kids love the "Brush Your Teeth" we listen to this in the van, we listen to it getting ready in the morning. It's a fun CD full of songs your kids will be singing all week long! 







This is my husband's go-to music at nap time. 
Really nice for in the car


3 comments:

  1. love wildflowerphotos... all great inspirations here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Plumb album and Hidden in My Heart!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required