Sunday, August 12, 2012

First Week of School

DSC_6814
Tuesday was my girls first day of school!! 

I have been dreading back-to-school week. I usually find these transitions really difficult, everybody is getting used to the new schedule and is tired and grumpy. I knew I'd miss them, we have had a boring but comfy summer. We are so used to being together and they have been getting along really well this summer. I was just about ready to start launching project "convince the hubs to home school".

DSC_6822
Josiah walked with his sisters to the bus stop

We have had an amazing experience with the public schools. Like supernatural-covering-of-grace good experience. My girls have had great teachers, they have made a lot of wonderful friends and they have loved riding the bus. So considering what a blessing it has been to have them go to school and giving me that time to work one-on-one with Josiah. But yeah, I've been just about ready to cry my eyes out every time I thought about my girls going back to school.

DSC_6826 
Katie-Abigail is about to loose her first top tooth!

I could not have asked for a better first week of school. My kids love their teachers and have already made new best-friends. Emma has started in her advanced program. Josiah and I have started back to our home-schooling routine. It's a little bit more quiet and peaceful during the day and the girls have come home happy. 

DSC_6830
Emma was being silly with Eli (on my hip) as I was trying to take her photo on the first day of school

We are still in that hop-out-of-bed at the crack of dawn stage, which will change in a week or two.  I'm going to enjoy it as long as it lasts! It sure makes the mornings easier.

DSC_6827
Beth on her first day of school


My kids on their first day of school


Emma & Beth on their second day of school

matching dresses for open house



1 comment:

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required