Friday, June 15, 2012

Weekend Reading

I haven't done one of these for awhile, but I have several links I've shared on Twitter & Facebook and wanted to post them here on my blog. I enjoy going back and looking at these posts now and then and rediscovering favorite blogs.

Confession: I love reading blogs, I can easily spend an entire morning or stay up until very late surfing blogs, catching up with friends and finding new ones. I especially love blogs about vintage thrifting. Even though I almost never thrift shop, I'm way to tight to go around spending gas, hauling my kids from place to place to maybe find something or maybe not. But I think it's amazing to find these little treasures and I love watching other people do it. So the other day when I found this blog it took me all of about five seconds before I started following them in just about every way possible. They have such a cute blog! It's called House of Humble and it's got thrifting, Instagrams, DIY ideas, Pinterest inspiration, eye candy galore! The photography is good and full of interesting places that I wish I could go and maybe one day will, just not pushing a stroller with five little people and their ten little arms twenty little fingers and the hurricane of chaos we bring with us.

Blogs I Heart

visit House of Humble



I discovered this blog about a week ago and I am in love! Her style of photography is nothing less than gorgeous. I adore her editing. If you like photography blogs (and don't get overwhelmed with jealousy whenever you visit a working photographer's blog) this is one to put near the very top of your list)

Posts to Read

I've tried to spend a little more time intreating on Twitter & Facebook lately and in doing so have come across some stellar posts this week! Here are a few I really enjoyed:


The best blog post I've read in a very long time by author and blogger Emily P. Freeman she is the author of Grace for the Good Girl which I've heard is a fantastic book and I really need to download the rest of it to my Kindle. I've really enjoyed her blog. She's doing a read-along online book discussion of her book which looks incredibly good.  

An idea for a last minute Father's Day gift + a code to print a FREE 8x10 at Walgreens written by my friend Sarah H and published on the newly re-designed Paper Heart Camera blog

A funny blog post about making mistakes and being a less-than-perfect mom.

A touching blog post about how our happiness touches others and the importance of sharing & community.

I don't usually share stuff from Real Simple since their posts are so freaking hard to navigate and are so impersonal but lately I read this one about 8 reasons why (some) women love to clean and I have to say that I found it very inspiring and surprisingly deep. 

Stuff on Pinterest


Source: bing.com via Faith on Pinterest

This one pin has currently got 473 re-pins. Pretty much every day I get an email saying that this pin has been re-pinned. Banana Pudding. Who knew?

4 comments:

  1. Love that blog. I'm finding myself falling in love with Aussie blogs of late. All their writing about winter is making me want to cuddle up under a blanket and sip hot chocolate! They are such a cute young couple. Thanks for pointing me to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would ever think of Banana Pudding as a "Beauty Queen"? I have made it often for your Dad... but it rarely looked like that!!
    Love,
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE Emily Freeman!!!! she is my favorite blogger!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required