Wednesday, May 23, 2012

What I've been wearing lately



photo.JPG
This is my favorite outfit lately - I took the advice I got from y'all in my last post about what I've been wearing and embraced the shorter skirt. This is one of my favorite skirts that I bought from Old Navy a couple years back. I don't wear it as often as I should because it's a little shorter than I usually wear. This outfit feels so plain though. Got any advice on what to do to make it a little less drab? Or do you like it as-is? Here is one outfit I put together but didn't wear and here is another. I really am at a loss y'all. In the meantime here is what I've been wearing...

photo.JPGphoto.JPG photo.JPGphoto.JPG

Have I mentioned lately how much I love that gray sweater? Most days it's been getting too hot to wear it, though. I also totally love wearing scarves - the two I bought the other week. Yep, it's just those two - and a purple knit scarf that is really only appropriate for wearing during the winter. I also really love wearing those flats - it's hard to see them in these pics but they are teal. I got them for almost nothing at Target a couple years back. I think they're just the cutest thing - but this is Georgia and the flip flops are coming out with a vengeance now!

photo.JPG

I'm totally in love with this little dress I got from the Goodwill. It's just a little spaghetti strap ruffle top sundress. Not terribly figure flattering but so cute! I have no clue how to accessorize it (noticing a pattern here?! But I do love it. I wore it all the time during the first few months of my pregnancy with Eli and am glad I'm finally small enough to squeeze back into it.
photo.JPGphoto.JPG

Linking up with:

11 comments:

  1. You need some bright jewelry, maybe matching short necklace & earrings. I'm thinking...maybe glass beads, several colors??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing as Rebecca! Jewelry! And that skirt is really cute. Maybe pair a brighter top with it? Something in a neon or even pastel color? And that dress, adorable! I love shopping at thrift stores. Some of my favorite clothes come from them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The skirt is really cute. I totally agree with Rebecca and Cindy pop some bold colors with your neutrals, it'll brighten your outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the first two :). Brighter colors with the skirt . Maybe a design on the front of the shirt. Some bright bangle bracelets or a couple of friendship and rope bracelets ( you do casual so well.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sundress! And I agree with everyone else - accessories!! My whole wardrobe is super blah - I rely on shoes, scarves, and jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Accessories will do wonders to brighten up an otherwise basic outfit. In your second outfit, the scarf really pops against the navy and gray. You look darling in each outfit, but that one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh - love the scarves! I wear them all the time too - they can really make an outfit.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute floral dress! As to the first outfit (great skirt), I think it needs a lighter or brighter top with it - and maybe striped!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When you're wearing the short brown skirt with the plain shirt, I'd recommend a necklace accessory that could fill in the empty spaces and also to go with the skirt perfectly. Also, I love the dress you got from Goodwill. How about making that type of outfit the usual daily one? It would really suit you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by on WIWW! I think all of the advice the ladies gave you is great! Can't wait to see what you do next week...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required