Wednesday, May 2, 2012

What I {really} wore Wednesday

le scarf
I've mentioned here several times that I've been making my way through the creative business e-book by Kelly Rae Roberts and bit by bit I am finding my way back to my creative business post-baby. I've been teaching my online photography classes and doing mentoring sessions but haven't made as much progress as I would like... so one thing that I read in this e-book is using the power of pretending. She calls it "Pretending until we're not pretending anymore... waking up each morning sometimes pretending I'm already in the life I've always envisioned" it's an awesome section in her e-book.

For me one important step towards pretending until I'm not pretending anymore is trying to remember to get dressed every morning. One of the blessings of working from home is that I don't have to get dressed to do my work. In fact I replied to this morning's emails in my pajamas, sitting in my comfy chair nursing my baby while my preschooler played on the computer. It's one of the things I love about my work. But sometimes getting dressed and looking like a working mom helps me get that extra motivation and creative energy to do the extra work that doesn't absolutely need to be done right now but needs to be done for my business to grow - drafting the blog post, networking with other bloggers, working on ideas for future blog posts and future classes.


April
recent purchases from Target - a jersey dress, a sweater and a couple scarves
one scarf tied three ways
not sure if I love this outfit or not - does it make me look like I'm 40? Am I over-dressing now?
morning out

teal tank
I didn't end up wearing this does the teal T-shirt look good with that scarf & sweater? I'm starting to feel monotonous, and in need of makeup.

day at the park
This is what I wore out to the park for a play date.

what I REALLY wore
This is me at home with my boys and my messy, messy bedroom.

1 comment:

  1. That last picture cracks me up! It just says "yup. THIS is motherhood" =)

    I really like the first scarf! I also went to target recently and bought a few things for myself. Got home and they were all different shades of blue! =) I guess that's our go to!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required