Monday, April 30, 2012

Announcing the summer session of photography classes!

I am so happy to announce that I've finally nailed down a schedule for my summer session of photography classes. I've decided to break up my previous materials into smaller pieces so that it's low-stress and easy to complete even with our crazy-lives.

Never taken one of my photography classes before? My classes are written for busy moms with a lot going on - there are no specific times that you have to log on, some of my classes don't require any specific camera or equipment, but they are written with those of you in mind who hope to make a career out of photography at some point in the future. Tutorials are emailed in a pdf for you to keep and read when you have a few minutes. I take you step by step through each lesson with lots of pictures and an assignment to help you practice what you've learned! For most classes, once you've completed your assignment simply upload your photos to Flickr and add them to my class group where I'll leave some constructive criticism. For my summer session I've made it even easier to participate by adding mobile options for each summer session e-class.

summer mini-session part 1
June 2012


I've developed this class to be so easy you can complete it with just your smart-phone's camera! I'll teach you how to pay attention to light and a few fundamental principles of photography that will change the way you take pictures for the rest of your life - no matter what camera you have in your hand. Use whatever camera you have - no special equipment required.  Practice the principles as you move through your day! Post to Twitter or Instagram with the class hashtag if you'd like. Or use the class to improve your SLR photography and post your photos to my Flickr group for a discussion of camera settings - especially focused on aperture, ISO & white balance (and I guess we can talk about shutter too).
Registration is $30 for one session or $80 for all three parts and includes 4 emailed tutorials. Special discount available for previous students - please send me an email for details.


summer mini-session part 2
July 2012

Take a little time this summer to nurture your creativity with this class. Use whatever camera you have to break out of the box and take more creative photographs. Use your smart phone camera to post your images to Twitter or Instagram with the class hashtag or pick up our big girl camera and load your photos to my Flickr Group where we'll discuss perspective, focus & crop. I'll also be available to answer questions about camera settings (and I'll teach you how to use settings like focus lock and spot metering.
Registration is $30 for one session or $80 for all three parts and includes 4 emailed tutorials.Special discount available for previous students - please send me an email for details.


summer mini-session part 3
August 2012

Take the next step with your photography with technical assignments to improve your awareness of light, shadows and principles of composition. I'll teach you how to fine-tune, tweak and improve your photography. One simple assignment each week will take your photography to the next level.  Complete the assignments on your smart phone or pick up your big girl camera and we'll talk about fine-tuning you settings to get just the right exposure.
Registration is $30 for one session or $80 for all three parts and includes 4 emailed tutorials. Special discount available for previous students - please send me an email for details.


summer mini sessions





1 comment:

  1. I love the different camera shots! (glad to see their new life as "fashion models"!)giggle
    Love,
    Mum

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required