Monday, March 19, 2012

Tomorrow's challenge theme... comfort

Fwd: Photo for blog post

Life has been C R A Z Y lately. Eli is (still) sick, the hubs was sick as a dog over the weekend,  I haven't been sleeping much and have had pretty much zero alone-time... but the weather has taken a turn towards beautiful. This morning, after a night without much sleep - spent walking the floor with my coughing little guy - I just sat on my front porch snuggling with my baby, watching Josiah run around - drinking coffee and browsing Instagram, birds singing, a cool breeze gently blowing. Perfect.

Sunday morning we had a big storm. All my kids woke up and we snuggled on the couch counting the seconds between the lighting and the thunder (it's amazing how calming that is) my ever-scientific little oldest daughter said "you know, we're only safe if we know the direction that this storm is headed" I just laughed and said "don't worry, it's only a thunderstorm" after the storm all of the bushes in our yard burst into bloom - I guess that's just what they needed. It seems like there is a life lesson in there but my head is too fuzzy to find the words to wax eloquent on it. But every time I see that bush it makes me feel a little bit better about the "storms" I've weathered in my life.

Anyway... the reason why I sat down to blog is because I picked a theme for tomorrows link-up! The theme for tomorrow is: comfort. One thing that comforts me is coffee - I guess that's why it's in both photos in this post. I am also comforted by the feel of an afghan, the smell of a freshly-bathed baby, a nice hot shower, the sound of birds... I could go on and on.

If you have a tripod (or can jerry-rig one) maybe for this challenge you could try using your remote or the time-delay function on your camera to get a self-portrait of you and your littles snuggling up together. Or hand-hold a selfie that doesn't include your face - just to try something new. Can't wait to see what you come up with!


P.S. please remember that the theme for the link-up is always optional. You can choose to participate in the theme or not, you are always welcome to link-up your photography post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required