Friday, February 24, 2012

Poetic Winter Photography Challenge Week 4 "Calm"


Instagrams taken w my iPhone 4s of a few calm moments lately

Lately life has been anything but calm - Eli has turned into a holy little terror. It's hard to believe, I know. He's keeping me busy during his every waking moment, trying to crawl, buzzing around in his walker pulling things down and crashing into his big brother. I think he's set some kind of family record with how active he's become at only 7 months. 

But then there are those calm moments... nap times especially.  I've been trying to take the time to read to my boys every afternoon. Josiah usually falls asleep, Eli usually wakes up as soon as Josiah falls asleep! We're working on it it... those moments are some of my favorite.

My plan for this challenge was to photograph Eli napping but he woke up as soon as I got my camera out and didn't go back down until I'd lost my light. So here is one I took of Josiah... I just adore these sweet moments with my sleeping boy. It reminds me how quickly these years are going by and how dearly I treasure these little lives.



DSC_2705 copypeeling an orange I am going to add this photo as well since it's one of my favorites this month... another sweet moment having a snack - when I didn't have to constantly remind my little man to calm down :)

check out the other blogs hosting this challenge Rebecca of Bumbles and Light, Alicia of Project Alicia and Kristi of live and love... out loud 

Be sure to check out Alicia's blog - her post this week is AMAZING plus she will be hosting the (possibly life-altering) tutorial & freebie this week.

Just a few details:
All are welcome regardless of skill level, time commitment and geographic location.
Each Friday, we'll have freebies, discounts to some of the hottest photography resources, photography tips and inspirational quotes or poems to get your creative photography juices flowing.
Share your favorite images inspired by the weekly prompt. The linky will remain open from 9am Friday – 9am Thursday CST. Link directly to your Poetic Winter blog post or Flickr photo, not your blog’s home page or Flickr Photostream.
Feel free to share your photos in our Poetic Winter Flickr Group as well and don’t forget to visit and comment on the previous entry in the linky list.
This time around, we'll be pinning our favorite photos to the Poetic Winter Pinterest Board. Not on Pinterest and need an invite? Let me know in the comments section and I'll be more than happy to send you one.
And last, but not least, don't forget to grab our lovely button.




Thanks to the following sponsors for partnering with us to bring you these fabulous deals; created exclusively for Poetic Winter Photo Challenge participants and valid throughout the month of February. Click on the images to be taken directly to their sites. Don't wait to take advantage of these discounts before they expire!!







16 comments:

  1. I hear ya on the "anything but calm" part. lol. But you managed to find some sweet quiet moments in there too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing is more calm than that of sleeping babes. Mine are now 4&6 and I still check on them 2-4 times a night. The last picture of the tangerine (orange?) is so captivating. I love the dark editing you did with it and the soft light on the hands and citrus. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can TOTALLY relate to having little ones running around getting into everything and how hard it can be to find your calm in the midst of that. Your photos are beautiful!!!! ~ Barefoot Mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet....not a lot of "calm" at my house either:)

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a few calm and sweet moments with your children. Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing is as calming as whatching sleeping children...because they are so peaceful and adorable as they sleep and because you get some calm time to your self :)Beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the child sleeping, very nice and calm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, always a calming experience to watch a child sleep. That is such a sweet photo of your boy's cute hands circling the fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos are so sweet this week, especially of your sleeping son. i miss those days when my girls were so small and took naps. i could just stand and stare at them for the longest time. enjoy those sweet moments of reading to your boys, they are so special. my favorite photo is the one of your boys small little hands holding the orange. thank you for your time and hard work you put into this challenge. i enjoyed it so much! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A sleeping child is very calm. Beautiful. I love your instagram too. It is reminisce of our sacramento trees in the winter here.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such peaceful photos... Can I ask you a quick question about the templates you generously provided last week? No matter what I do I still get the numbers showing through the photos (I'm using Elements 10 on my IMAC). I drag the photo above the square where I want it, move it in the layer palatte to be above that square's layer but when I group them together I get the number, even if I've turned off that layer's visibility beforehand. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. When my children are sleeping, it is the only time I'll say they are calm...but so much fun anyway. Such sweet sleeping shots. I particularly love the last one of him sleeping! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so sweet Faith, love them! Thanks for hosting this challenge with us, it's been awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the sweetness of your sleeping 'baby' <3 And, that orange photo is fabulous!! Thanks so much for co-hosting this fun challenge <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pictures of sleeping kids are the absolute sweetess photos. I love the burst of colour in the picture of the orange.
    Cheers,
    Char

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required