Thursday, January 5, 2012

Resolutions - and a few photography challenges

DSC_1823.JPG
Out of about a hundred different shots - this is my favorite one.
My freshly made from-scratch cheesecake that I made for my hubs' b-day

This is the time of year a lot of us make resolutions and start big projects. We commit to do a photo every day or every week. I'm more of a photo every month kinda' momma myself. 

This year I have a couple resolutions and they could be summarized by this pair of words: slow down  


2011 was insane.  I had my first full year of offering online photography classes with some great experiences along the way and also some mistakes and frustrations.  Along the way we also moved suddenly and I gave birth to our fifth baby. Balancing my work and our home and my big family has been crazy. This year I want to make sure that I'm enjoying the time I have right now as a mom and wife and making smarter choices for my business. 


DSC_1855.JPG


Theme: Fresh

This year I am focusing on getting fit. Aren't we all?! I have a little more baby weight I would rather not have to look at. I want to eat at home and from scratch more often. Last year I gave up coke - this year I'm cutting back on coffee - trying to stick to just one cup a day.  

This year I'm also trying to shift from quantity to quality on my blog, in the classes I offer and in life in general. I LOVE blogging but I need to focus on what is really important and I want this place to not just be about traffic, followers and fans but about education and community.  I want to be more generous and more intentional about what I do and who I do it with. 

This year I want to be more intentional about my friendships both online and in real life. Towards the end of the year I started going to one of the small groups offered by our church and it literally changed my life. Subtly yet significantly. I need to work on picking up the phone and saying "Let do lunch!" and things like that. I get trapped in my routine at home and before I know it the week has gone by and I haven't stepped out of the house except to run to the grocery store. I've also made some great friends online - some people I haven' done well at keeping up with and want to become a better friend and supporter. 

This is also the year I'm going to kick my habit of letting things pile up - dishes in the sink, clothes to be folded and put away, and emails that need a more thoughtful reply than what I can do in two minutes with my cell phone. 


52 Week Project Photo Paint the Moon Photoshop Actions PSE
Theme: Natural
project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com 
Theme: Resolutions


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a year full of rich possibilities, Faith. Wishing you much fulfillment in 2012. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome ... love that quote too! I'm happy you're a part of the Let's Do 52 group with Paint the Moon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cheesecake looks divine...what a lucky husband. I love the resolution...I need to slow down as well :)

    http://www.jesuisquijesuis.com/photography/2012/1/6/project-52-week-1-resolution.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog. You also have a beautiful family--they grow up too fast. I have six living kids--ages 26,24,21,20,17 and 9. Just two are still at home. (And I have two Angels, Roxcy and Aidee)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!
    I love your picture and your resolution!
    Petonets xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cheesecake looks perfect! They can be super tricky to bake (I can't even count how many I've had with a crack right down the middle). Beautiful photos and blog. Looks like we both share a love for vintage cameras. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required