Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Photography Link-up





DSC_1567 copy

It's midnight and I can't get to sleep. The dog was snoring at the end of the bed and Eli woke up to nurse, so I find myself here. Trying to get a head start on tomorrow.

It's been a good day - the cheesecake I made for the hub's birthday turned out really nicely. I spent nearly all day making it in between watching bits and pieces of football games. I'll post photos of it soon - I've got a bunch that need to be processed and archived - I do believe that I see an impending photo dump in the not to distant future.

Today I fell in love with Facebook all over again. Seeing everyone's Christmas photos has been so much fun. Chatting about this cheesecake-making process was also awesome.

Today the winners of the giveaway I entered at OhMy! Handmade Goodness were announced. I didn't win. I was included in the honorable mentions and that is well, an honor! I can't say I'm not disappointed, but I'm also not surprised, since I don't exactly fall within the handmade niche and I've only been "in business" for 18 months and even that only part-time. I'm disappointed, but determined. 2012 is going to be a great year for me as a business owner. On the flip side, I've met some pretty awesome business women through this giveaway and I'm looking forward to getting to know them better.

Tomorrow (or, I guess it's actually today) is our first day back to our normal routine, complete with alarm clock, lunches to pack, and my girls off to school again.

So I'm taking one last long look back at this wonderful long holiday before I dive head-first into this days tasks, and I'm inviting you to link-up and share a photo from your holidays. I'd love to see what you've been up to!

5 comments:

  1. mmm looks festively delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the cheesecake turned out! I saw you talking about it on twitter but didn't catch the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM, I am jealous! And while you are mourning the return to a normal routine, I hope the kiddos go easy on you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping to link up tonight! So excited for a new year of photography challenges since I've been away for a little while!
    Also love the new blog and the name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! Looks like a delicious drink. I hope your first day back to a normal routine went well. I go back to mine tomorrow. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required