Friday, December 16, 2011

random thoughts and a few cute photos

DSC_0845
Eli & Emma 
Today is my kid's last day of school for the year. I have mixed feelings about that. I am really looking forward to having them home with me but I'm also not looking forward to all of the stuff I have still left to do to get ready for Christmas which will be so much more difficult with them home.

Yesterday I spent all day on the couch like a lump. I felt like I had the flu - no fun. Today Katie-Abigail is taking my place on the couch with a fever and everything. I'm sorry that she is missing out on her pajama day at school - poor baby.

My to do list is sadly lacking in crossed-out items - still so much shopping, wrapping, and securing a babysitter for upcoming appointments and events. Laundry and recycling overflowing... my blog re-do is in mid-swing. I was hoping I would be done it by now. But it is what it is. 

I finally figured out what I'm going to make for the hubs for Christmas this year. I'm not very crafty. One year I crocheted an afghan for him for Christmas and another year I had the kids write out one of his favorite quotes and we decorated one of those customizable travel mugs from starbucks but every other year my gifts have been pretty crappy - he is really hard to buy for and his birthday is right after  the New Years so it takes a good bit of planning to do something special for him - and planning is one of my weaknesses.  

E & EDSC_0839 

I'm really missing my family right now. They only live three hours away - so at least we'll see them over the holidays and I am very thankful for that. I just wish we were close enough to spend more time with them and that it wasn't such an event to go visit them. 

I wish I could just drop my kids off with my mom while I knock out that last-minute Christmas shopping or that my mother in-law could come spend the night when the hubs and I go out for his Christmas dinner. My mom is participating in my test-drive group for my upcoming photography class for online business-owners and bloggers - and I'd love to be able to do more with her in-person instead of over the phone and via email. I love where I live - but I don't love being so far away from our family. 

DSC_0848DSC_0842 

Eli is nearly 5 months now... he's changing so much! Every day his motor skills are getting better and he gets more interested in the world around him. He discovered the dog the other day and seems very interested in her. Thankfully so far they've been really gentle towards each other. I haven't started him on a bottle or solids yet. But that day is coming! He is really interested in what we're eating and has tried to grab graham crackers and apple sauce packets from his brother and sisters.

DSC_0883DSC_0884

Are you sick of Christmas advertisements yet? My inbox and twitter feed has been flooded with reminders about sales and special offers. I thought about blogging a few of those offers from my advertising affiliates but I didn't want to add to the clamor.  

Next year I'm starting earlier. All of this waiting to the last minute junk is getting old. Next year I want to buy more from handmade artists and my friends on Etsy. Next year I want to barter more and buy less. Next year I want to make more of the gifts I give - start earlier and follow through on more of my good intentions.  Next year I'm also going to start blogging about Christmas earlier. I had SO many ideas but most of them are stuck in my drafts folder.

P.S. Did you see these - Eli is 4 monthssome photos of my boys, my boys in black and white, my blog re-design

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required