Friday, November 18, 2011

Shades of Autumn:White


Shades of Autumn Photo Challenge 
Thank you to Rebecca for pinning a few of my shots from last week into the Shades of Autumn Pinterest Board - it's so awesome to be included in such a great collection of images!!

When I realized the the challenge for this week was white I have to be honest - I freaked out a little. I nearly stopped to pull the weeds on the side of the road just to have something to photograph. This week we went from pretty-fall to ugly-fall in just a day or two. We had a nice little frost and then a hard wind so now all the trees have gone from beautiful to bare. Also, I live in the South. It's not going to snow here until January. At least.

So I gave it a little thought - here is my first attempt for white: marshmallows 


Y'all got a sneak peak on Wednesday. 



But then I found some more white around my house and neighborhood...

I got this really nice pretty white tone by following a mini-tutorial from Sarah of NapTimeMomTog about Kelvin White Balance. It worked so wonderfully. That is definitely one of the first things I'll be writing about when I write an advanced SLR class. 
a bud from the same bush - I have no idea what they are or why they are blooming!
I'm seeing these plants everywhere lately. They look like an ornamental cabbage. Usually they have purple centers but the one the landscapers planted at our subdivision's entrance are white.
And here is a pretty white pansy - perfect for fall!!

The bushes outside my house have these odd little white blooms - I have no idea why - but they were fun to photograph.






I have got such bad writers block at the moment. I'm writing a class I'll be offering in February and it's been really intimidating - it's for product photography and while I love this style of photography and I'm really impressed with my student's progress - the ones who are participating in my test-group - I am having a hard time just sitting down and working it out... So I'm procrastinating. I've taken more photos this week than some months entirely. I've cleaned my kitchen - I even pulled the stove out to clean the sides really well. Yeah - that was when I realized I'm just procrastinating. So I went to Wal-Mart and did some grocery shopping. Between you and me - I'm not a huge fan of the fall/winter holidays. I would just as well put a months worth of groceries on the credit card and hole up in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required