Thursday, October 13, 2011

Without power

We're without power at the moment.
We were in the middle of doing homework when a big storm suddenly came up. We went from blue skies, sunshine and a gentle breeze to strong winds and a hard rain in under an hour. Emma was just about hysterical, they all wanted to know if a tree was going to fall on our house again. I said we'd deal with that if it hapoened, but worrying wouldn't keep us any safer, but we sat in the hallway with Daddy's big flashlight and played games on my iPad.
Daniel came home with pizza and another flashlight and a movie to watch on his laptop later, if we want to. He gave us a report about what it was like "out there" and said he saw a tree fall and nearly hit a kid.
I am sitting nere, checking emails and writing this blog post on my phone, the bigs are reading by the light of their DS, the littles are listening to music on Daddy's phone. We played Pictureka on my iPad before we went to bed. I'm thinking about taking my mini Keurig out to the van and plug it in to brew a cup of coffee. Times sure have changed, haven't they?
I'm a little behind on my blogging so tomorrow's post may not be up until Friday night or Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required