Friday, October 7, 2011

When mama ain't happy...

really and truly it's hard for everyone else to function when I'm in a super-funk.

I was thinking today about how there are a few things that help make a bad day better...

DSC_0924


music
Sometimes it's Colbie Callait, Jason Mraz or Sara Barallies, sometime it's my worship CDs.  In the car or in the morning when I'm desperate for some improved attitudes and cooperation Raffi does the trick every time. Sometimes I love him - sometimes I want to throw our CD out the car window. But then Josiah says "what instrument is that?" and I melt. Or the girls in the back seat all sing along and stop fighting. 

DSC_0946


smile
It's simple - but effective. When the kids are being grumpy - or I am feeling down - simply smiling can change the mood in the whole room. laughter is even better. When I stop and laugh with my kids we all feel better.

DSC_0956


touch
I think this is one of the reasons why I love having a baby as much as I do - the snuggle and cuddle all day long. The older my kids get the more I have to be intentional about touching them. Hugging, cuddling, tickling, wrestling, holding hands in the car. They need their mama's touch and I find that I have a more positive attitude towards parenting when I've cuddled with my kiddos. 

DSC_0959
these photos are from October 2010

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I have definitely noticed that music makes everything better. And TOUCH. I finally had to cradle-hold my baby today when she was super fussy. This is after months of her refusing to be held that way. We sat on the rocking chair and rocked until she calmed down. Then she passed out. It was nice to hold her like that again.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required