Monday, August 22, 2011

Eli is one month old


Eli turned one month old on the 19th! I wanted to write a post but I was sick with a little mastitis and haven't done much of anything other than lay on the couch and be miserable... but I'm feeling better today.

I can hardly believe that we have already made it through the first month!! In some ways it's been really hard, in other ways it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. Eli is growing bigger and stronger by the day! He awake for longer stretches and smiling more - which we all just love!!

This also means that it's time for Eli's follow up appointments at the children's hospital. I wrote a little bit about our journey so far in this post, in case you didn't catch it. In a couple hours we leave to go to the hospital and Eli will have a MAG3 kidney scan. He'll also have another ultrasound and a follow-up appointment with the urologist. It will be a long day and honestly - I'm feeling anxious. Not so much about the results of the test, the very worst outcome of this test would be if Eli has a blockage in his kidney causing the swelling, in which case he would need surgery at one year, however it's common for children with Eli's condition to never require intervention. No, I'm mostly just anxious about the tests themselves and having my little guy poked and prodded and stuck with needles. I anticipate a lot of crying today - maybe not all done by my baby. My consolation is that at least Eli won't remember any of this, so it's better to go ahead and get it over with now.

Than God for grandmothers! My mom is here to keep Josiah company while we're at the hospital with Eli and to be here when the kids get off the bus... I'm so glad she could be here for me!

I appreciate all of your prayers, comments tweets and kind thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required