Monday, May 2, 2011

Menu Monday

Summer has unofficially started at our house! School is winding down for the year, the pool is open and we've started playing our Lego Batman video game again - so it's time to put away my soup recipes make some sweet iced tea and come up with a new summer menu. To help get me out of my cooking runt I turned to two cookbooks that I checked out of the Library this week.

One is Cook Yourself Thin with lower fat/higher fiber versions of common favorites.

The other is Tyler's Ultimate which has some really great gourmet-style recipes and is very inspiring!! 

So here's this week's menu:
Spaghetti
via Cook Yourself Thin
Mixed Greens Salad with baked chicken fingers and buttermilk (instead of buffalo) dressing
via Tyler's Ultimate

Chicken parmesean with zuccini "noodles"
via Cook Yourself Thin
Mac n cheese


Cold pasta salad with Roast Chicken
via Tyler's Ultimate
(without the plums - since they're not in season. I'll probably add apples & grapes)
I started keeping my menus and my grocery list on my Springpad notes app. I'm really loving it! I have a notebook of new recipes that I've found online or taken a photo of from one of the cookbooks I've checked out of the Library, and I save my old menus within the app so I can easily look back at what I want to make again from the past weeks. It made menu planing and shopping much easier today. You'd think keeping your grocery list on your phone would be more difficult but so far it hasn't been.

What are you making this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required