Monday, April 25, 2011

My new camera baby

(L)My D80 (R)My NEW D700!!
It came!

I finally made up my mind, did my shopping and bought my new "baby" a Nikon D700. Oh my goodness - the ISO on this camera is insane!! And the focus points - wowzers. It's a great camera and I can't wait to play with it some more this week. 

my bedtime reading ;)
There are a few cons with this camera - like no video. It's Canon counterpart has stellar video quality whereas this camera has none at all. It also has significantly fewer mega pixels. It's an awesome camera though and I've really enjoyed playing around with it and figuring out all of the new buttons, menu options and features.  I'm sure I'll be doing a post showing the difference that the D700 makes over my D80 (which is a really great camera - by the way, I just wanted something with a full-frame sensor) my indoor shots are definitely brighter!

Between my new camera coming this evening and a pretty intense episode of braxton hics contractions tonight I don't have the photography challenge post up yet - but I will get it done first thing tomorrow. I can't wait to see your pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required