Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

brownie "cupcakes"

seven layer saladWe've had such a great weekend so far!

I've been busy in the kitchen, making banana cream pie (whoever came up with the idea for banana cream pie was a genius - and no, I didn't make it from scratch... this time) making my mother's seven layer salad (crisping the bacon turned out to be more of a challenge than I thought it would be!) baking brownie "cupcakes" with my kids and enjoying having the hub's mama here. The kids adore their Grammy and have been enjoying every minute of her visit.

We took Grammy out to our favorite Mexican restaurant for an early dinner (which demonstrated to me that I am officially in the "gain weight like crazy" phase of my pregnancy since I cleaned my plate - which never ever happens there).

We went out for a movie as a family (it's so nice how easy this is now that little man is a little older) we saw Rio which was beautiful and colorful and funny at moments. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it either. My favorite thing about the movie was actually that Jesse Eisenberg (from the Social Network) did the voice for the main role - he's brilliant, and I loved it.

DSC_0283 crop
Be on the lookout for a "behind the scenes" post on this shot coming soon!

The hubs and I also finally watched The King's Speech which, for me, lived up to it's Academy Awards expectations. The hubs fell asleep. When I was in High School I read a lot about Kings and Queens in Europe, and especially England, so I knew a lot of the context surrounding the film which made it that much more interesting to me.

And while I'm on the topic of movies - I checked out Penelope from our Library. I love that movie so much. James McAvoy is brilliant. This is my favorite scene in the movie - I'm so glad I found such a great clip of it! It makes me smile every time I see it.



and can I just say that I can hardly wait to see Water for Elephants?!  It looks like such an amazing film. If you've only seen Robert Pattinson in the Twilight trilogy than you haven't seen what a good actor he really is. Not to mention the song that they play in the TV spot  is just too beautiful!!


This Easter my heart is so full...

full of thankfulness

thankfulness for my beautiful family

thankfulness for this "full circle" place that God has brought me to

from a dark and confused place

through a lot of failure

and a lot of falling (and getting up, and falling and getting up, and falling and getting up and wondering where God's forgiveness would end... )

and a lot of crying out

and a lot of hurting

to here

not perfect

but so very beautiful

and full of peace

a genuine miracle of grace.

My heart is full of  aching for some of my friends and family who are dealing with their own dark seasons,  who heard bad news this week, who are struggling with things at home, who are battling depression... I ache for them and wish that by carrying some of their sorrow I could lighten their load.

But I guess that is part of the beauty of Easter - Jesus was the Man of Sorrows and He carried our grief - the punishment He endured was for our peace. His resurrection is freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required