Monday, March 28, 2011

Ten things I do even though I know I shouldn't

I should be folding laundry, or washing dishes but I got this post idea from a Twitter friend of mine and couldn't resist writing one too! It's not as easy as you'd think though - I kept thinking - yikes! Do I really want to admit that I do that?! Ha!

But what is a blog post without pictures? So here are some random photos from Sunday's impromptu mini-session. Lesson learned: don't attempt a photo shoot while the kiddos are watching TV during a commercial break - it's really impossible to expect them to cooperate! So enjoy...

DSC_9041
This one looks like they're copying the cover of a BarlowGirl CD
L-R: Katie-Abigail, Beth & Emma

I stay up waaaay too late. Thanks to the discovery of shows like Hawaii50 & Fairly Legal the hubs and I will often be up until after 11. And since night time is often my most productive time of day (after all the kids are finally in bed for the night) it's not unusual for me to be up as late as 1 or 2 am. Not ideal, I know, especially now that I'm preggo.

DSC_9046
LOVE this one <3

I watch too much TV (see above). As hard as I work to try to limit the amount of TV my kids watch - about a half hour in the morning while I'm trying to wake up, and a half hour to an hour of Wild Krats and World Girl while I'm making dinner. I used to let my kids watch more Disney Channel after dinner but try to limit that during the school week - much to my kids dissapointment - but after they are in bed the TV comes on, the ice cream comes out and I have a couple of totally unproductive hours.

DSC_9050
Love how Katie-Abigail is looking at Beth

And yes, sometimes I rush my kids through their bedtime routine because BONES is coming on in ten minutes.

DSC_9055
What can I say - Katie-Abigail has quite a personality

Sometimes I drink OJ strait from the bottle (but shhhh - don't tell)

DSC_9056
Then again - so does Beth

I leave my laundry in baskets - and they get terribly wrinkled. The hubs is much smarter when he helps with laundry. He always folds stuff strait out of the dryer, it takes hime like five minutes. Why can't I be more like that?!

DSC_9061
At least they were having a great time - even if I was stressing trying to get a good shot

I drink small ammounts of caffine and ocassionally a glass of wine or a beer when I'm pregnant. There, I said it. Please don't send me hate mail.

DSC_9062
Love Beth in this one

I also drink Coke Zero. Even though when it comes to artificial sweeteners in any other form I'm all grossed out - but Coke Zero is honestly favorite soft drink. I have pretty mich given up on soft drinks during this pregnancy, not that McDonalds sweet tea is all that much healthier than Coke - but at least for now I've decided that it's just not worth it. It must be pregnancy messing with my taste buds.

DSC_9054
Who wants to be done? we do!!!

I'm a yeller. I know, I know, you wouldn't think so - but it's the quiet ones you've got to watch out for. I get overwhelmed or frustrated and yell. The "good" side (if there is one) is that I've had to learn to apologize to my kids and they've had the opportunity to practice forgivness - before they discover what a hugely imperfect parent I really am.


DSC_9029
Sister toes

I ignore my food allergies. Even though wheat (especially in highly processed forms) makes me itchy, constipated and gives me headaches, I eat it anyway. My reaction is mild now compared to when I was younger, so it's not a big deal.

DSC_9030
and sister hands

I procrastinate. And all of you who have checked my blog all morning to see if I've posted my link-up yet are saying "no chiz" but it's so true in my off-line life as well, speaking of which I have some email I need to reply to now :)

Linking up with: Community Global, Mommy Matters & lowercase letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required