Thursday, March 17, 2011

Simply Bliss: Basics of Childhood Photography


What is this class about?
Simply Bliss: Basics of Childhood photography e-class is about taking better photos of children - your children, your friend's children, your grandchildren - whoever is in your life! Take better snapshots of those everyday life moments and better informal portraits of the adorable, but sometimes difficult to photograph, little people in your life. 


DSC_9609

Who is this class for?
Simply Bliss is for anyone who loves taking photos of kids. You don't have to have any experience or know anything about photography at all. Taking really good photos of children takes practice but I'll help you learn some tricks to get you headed in the right direction. 

What equipment do I need?
All you need is a camera - a basic point-and shoot is fine! I'll be providing some tips on how to use more advanced point-and-shoots and digital SLRs but you don't have to have a fancy camera to participate in this class. I've always said - you don't have to have a great camera to take good pictures and a great camera won't automatically turn you into an amazing photographer. I'll help you work with what you have and make the most of the camera you've got. (click here to see some of my latest cell phone photography)


DSC_0227 everyday actions new york bnw
DSC_0096 everyday action new yrk bnw

What will this class cover?

Week 1 Light
In week one I'll show you how to pay attention to the light in your home and outside to get the best natural-light photographs as possible. I'll also give you some pointers on how and when to use your flash. 


Week 2 Crop
In week two I'll show you a few simple tricks to improve the composition of your photos to get better results. I'll give you some tips on taking more creative shots to get that artistic look you want in the photos you frame and hang on your wall. 

Week 3 Focus
In week three I'll show you about focus - especially creative focus and how to get a nice sharp focus even on the more difficult shots. 

Week 4 Perspective
In week four I'll cover the topic of perspective, one of the keys to creative photography - perspective. We'll practice shooting from ground level, from above and eye to eye with the kids you're photographing.


DSC_1248
Katie AbigailJosiah's eye
favorite toy - his "mater" Lightning McQueeninnocence of a child

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required