Friday, March 4, 2011

21 Weeks


I finally made it in to see my midwife - I've been procrastinating... now I remember why -  so glad that's over with now! (My weight was 140 - not a pretty number to see)  Everything is on track and looking good at 21 weeks now :) I heard a nice strong healthy baby heartbeat!! I had the hubs on speaker when my midwife found the heartbeat - that was a special moment and nice to hear. I feel the new baby moving around a lot now - but hearing the heartbeat is always special too, especially for Daniel.  I'm really wishing that I took a video of it to post here I know my mom and sisters would love to hear that. I'll try to remember to do that at my next appointment. (By the way - my midwife thought my Samsung Vibrant Galaxy S phone was very cool. I happen to agree. love it!)

We are going next week for the ultrasound - and hopefully will find out if we are having a boy or girl. Wow - this pregnancy is going by too fast.  It feel surreal to think that by this time next week I might now if we are having a little boy or a little girl - though with the track record of my other pregnancies there is really just a 50% chance that we'll actually be able to find out. Kiddos #1 & #3 were very stubborn about not letting us find out - so we'll see!

Food love this week: ice cream. Yesterday I managed to eat it three times. A little after lunch, a little after dinner and a little after the kids went to bed. I think that the baby likes it every bit as much as  I do - since (s)he does a little happy dance inside me whenever I eat it. Also Chick-fil-a breakfast biscuits. I had one twice this week but good grief, I could have eaten one every morning this week!! I just try to remind myself how much fat are in each one and try to think of something else for breakfast.

This weekend I felt a lot less movement than usual and was almost getting worried about the baby - but this week we are back to normal and I'm feeling a lot of strong movement again. But just to be on the safe side I am trying to really watch what I eat (and never skip a meal) and get a little nap in the afternoon when I feel that I need it (which has been just about every day this week!) it's amazing what laying down for just twenty minutes or so can do!

I mentioned a few months ago that my oldest, Beth, was having trouble adjusting to the idea of a new baby in our family but as my belly is getting bigger I think and we've started to gather a few baby things here and there she is starting to come around. One afternoon I was helping her with her homework and we were going over her social studies quiz worksheet - I felt the baby kicking pretty much the entire time so I told her that I thought the baby liked the sound of her voice since (s)he was kicking so much. She really liked that and it helped her improve her attitude. Now she thinks she is the baby's favorite sister - and I'm going to let it stand.

Emma is rooting for a baby sister all the way! Silly little girl. I can't imagine why she would want another sister - but she does. Katie-Abigail is still totally oblivious to the whole new-baby thing. She told her teachers at school but she almost never talks about it - I think it is too far in the future for her to really comprehend right now. Josiah talks about the new baby almost every day. He is adorable and I'm sure will make a great big brother. He says "My new baby is in mommy's tummy. Tommy (his best friend) doesn't have a new baby. He already has a little brother." He always talks about the new baby as his new baby and I think that it is the cutest thing ever. I'll try to get a video of him to post on the blog soon :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, so much cute-ness, I can't take any more! Your baby bump is so adorable, but then you are always so cute pregnant. I'm so glad you got to hear the heartbeat... can't wait to find out if I will have a niece or a nephew!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! I can't wait to find out what you're having!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required