Sunday, January 30, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday



Scavenger Hunt Sundays are proving to be much more challenging than I thought they would be! They have really stretched my creativity and also made me plan (at least more than usual) to get all of the shots I need by the end of the week!

Texture
rice texture
I photographed this rice earlier this week and thought that this image had a really nice texture to it.
Check out another photo I took for this challenge here.



Fog
"fog"
This was one of the toughest for me to come up with a shot for, finally I settled on taking a photo of a foggy mirror. Usually when I shower I have little man play on the floor in the shower (or beside the shower) so that I know he isn't getting into trouble. Lately he has been climbing up on the counter after the shower and drawing on the mirror - it's really cute Today he was tracing his hand, since his Daddy showed him how to do that last night. Awwwww.

Button
button
I was originally thinking of taking a photo of a button on a shirt or pants, but then I thought about the buttons on my Keurig and I thought that would count too! It was a super-tricky shot to get and I'm not 100% satisfied with what I ended up with. I may go back and try to find some "real" buttons to photograph tomorrow!

Beverage/Drink
1 29 11
See another version here
This is from Saturday afternoon, enjoying a nice cup of hot tea, wearing my nice comfy sweater and flip flops! It is so wonderful to have such nice mild weather again. I'm also linking this photo up with:









Seventies
01 05 11 alt
This challenge really stumped me. I thought about scanning in an image of my parents during the seventies but I ended up deciding to use a photo that I took at the beginning of the month that I've wanted to share on my blog. I used the action from Pioneer Woman called "Seventies" and I really like how it turned out, though I ended up using a different edit for my 365 project.

25 comments:

  1. These are great! I love your last image even though I am a
    Canon girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even think of using fog on a mirror or window. Duh! Nice shots. For 70's I considered scanning photos in from my childhood...or maybe my newborn picture since I was born in 1970. Yeah...I know. I'm 40. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots, I really like the beverage and the texture shot, the rice is in great focus!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your Texture photo! This is making me want to start doing Scavenger hunt again. I've just been so overwhelmed with how many photo challenges there are. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the one of your son. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome photos ... really love the button for the coffee, and what a great idea for fog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these! My favorites are your fog and beverage captures. Hope you having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So jealous of flip-flop weather. YOu have no idea.
    Your fog photo is so sweet-perfect angle and the rice as texture really appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all really great - I'm not sure if you've added your post to my page, but I'm so glad you participated. I love the first two shots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love the wonderful simplicity of your photos - really stunning. Your texture shot is fantastic, never thought rice could look so good! I also love your beverage shot, has such a wonderful feel about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so clean- your blog name is perfect- "simplicity"- I love them :) Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love your fog and beverage shots.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the flip flops in the shot of the coffee! Today, for the first time since winter set in, I wore flip flops with my jeans! LOVE IT!

    Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very creative fog shot and button shots. I was thinking of the Staples Easy Button but thought they would frown if I just went into the store to photograph one. :) xo tam of bliss and folly & Mortal Muses.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in love with that fog shot! Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the fog shot... too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving your shots for this week's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rice really looks good and I like the fog shot.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great photos. I love the first two.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love em all, great as always Faith! Fog shot is cute, like the focus on his little hand.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such great shots! Love your beverage.....70's was hard for me too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required