Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Photography Challenge: White on White

simplicity button photography challenge


01 03 11

This week's suggested theme is White on White. I've been looking forward to this challenge for awhile. I didn't have as much time to get this photo just the way I wanted it to be - I had a lot of ideas, I just ran out of time! (I'm sure none of you know what that's like j/k). Starting with this challenge and running through the rest of the month I'll only have a suggested theme - feel free to link up your favorite photo from the week, even if it's not in my "theme".

The key to good white on white photos is paying close attention to light and lines. You want to make sure that your white balance is set properly you may even want to set a custom white balance. When I am doing a white on white shot I tend to go for a slightly over-exposed look - under exposed white ends up just looking gray.

I edited my shot with a free action from Paint the Moon called "Strawberries and Cream" (you can grab her newest freebie on the Paint the Moon Facebook page

I can't wait to see your wonderful photos!! Don't forget to grab my NEW button!


12 comments:

  1. Love this - I need to find something of my own. great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this theme! Thanks for a great way to jump start my creativity for 2011. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this theme! awesome challenge! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips for shooting white and white!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! An amazing shot. What a fantastic challenge! I'm not sure we actually have anything WHITE around here... that would make it even more challenging for me. :)

    Love the entries so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was stumped but tried anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am late but I found one. also the linky did not let me upload my photo sorry. but come by and see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed all the white on white photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First time playing along! Thanks for the invitation.

    All the pictures are beautiful, but my favorite so far...? #34

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun theme! Love to see everyone's creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tried but I am not sure haha. We shall see!

    nmarie-photography.blogspot.com
    lostinthisworldwithyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

Sign up to be notified about upcoming classes!!

* indicates required